Report - June 2023
Read the latest Annual Banking Loss Report for analysis of the key trends in the frequency and severity of operational risk loss events in our global banking loss database.
This report provides a view of operational risk losses in 2022 compared to results from the previous five years.
The report is available to ORX members to download for free, or for non-members to purchase for £1000.
What's in the report
This report provides insights and analysis into operational risk losses in the banking sector. The report is based on the operational risk loss data in the ORX global banking database and includes:
- Loss frequency and severity from 2017 to 2022
- Average size of an operational risk event and total gross loss as a percentage of income in each event type
- Event frequency and total loss by business line
- Total loss submitted in each business line and event type between 2017 to 2022
- Risk in focus sections on external fraud and 1m data points
- Geographic distribution of losses
The report is available for you to purchase for just £1000.
Gated content stop
Head of Risk Measurement, ORX
Research and Information Director, ORX
Lead Data Analyst, ORX