ORX is in an exciting period of transformation. As Senior Business Analyst, this role works autonomously and proactively to assess the performance of ORX alongside related third-party businesses, conducting research and analysis to define and recommend improvements to processes and systems. This involves ORX Insight (our highly secure and anonymised platform for exchange loss data relating to operational risk from our members), our various company websites, including the ORX News service, our hosting solutions, business information systems and data collections services.
The role of the Senior Business Analyst is to ensure that all processes operate smoothly, that there are strategies in place for improving and enhancing organisational performance, and driving to capture the as-is for existing processes and services to ensure documentation and process descriptions are accurate and up to date.
|Job title||Senior Business Analyst|
|Job type||Full-time, permanent|
|Department||Project management office|
|Reporting to||Senior Project Manager|
|Responsible for||Business Analysts, permanent and contract|
|Location||Bath, UK (flexible, hybrid)|
- Engaging stakeholders proactively to identify, agree and document their functional and non-functional requirements for business systems and IT solutions (to-be).
- Working with ORX’s development partners to clearly communicate ORX requirements, represent users in technical discussions and ensure applications developed meet ORX’s requirements.
- Proactively participate in the change management process, to ensure the change is appropriately scoped and the impact on ORX systems is identified and assessed.
- Refine the ORX business case and change process, driving understanding and adoption across the relevant stakeholders.
- Invest time in making complex and technical data accessible to all stakeholders, driving transparency and simplicity.
- Demonstrate drive for results, delivering at pace in a structured, logical, and efficient manner, documenting critical information as standard practice.
- Create and refine a business-wide analysis approach and driving understanding and adoption as standard practice.
- Create and implement a standard Project Support Pack and ensure adoption by all stakeholders.
Skills and experience to set you apart
- Previous experience of working in a similar role in a largely autonomous manner
- Extensive knowledge of ITIL
- Great project management experience and well-developed planning methodologies
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement skill and the ability to translate technical jargon into plain language
- Capability in Agile
- The ability to capture and document specification requirements
- Excellent relationship building skill, with the ability to reconcile conflicting views and gain consensus
- Resilience and tenacity, working autonomously to drive results
- First class organisational skill, juggling multiple projects and priorities with ease
ORX is the largest operational risk management association in the financial services sector. Since 2002, we’ve been developing a global community of financial institutions committed to improving the management and measurement of operational risk.
Owned and driven by our member institutions, we bring together hundreds of operational risk professionals to share their knowledge, expertise and experience in the financial services industry.
We are a not-for-profit industry association incorporated in Geneva, Switzerland.
Check out our about page to find out more about us.
What we offer in return
- Hybrid working to support a healthy work/life balance
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary performance related bonus scheme
- Twenty-five days holiday a year, increasing by one day for each year of service to a maximum of 28 days
- 8% company contribution to pension
- Employee recognition scheme
- Support for training and development
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Perks at work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Holiday trading
- Sabbaticals and long service awards
- Summer and Xmas social events
- Inclusive and supportive working environment
What else do I need to know?
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We create an environment where everyone has an equal chance to succeed, during our recruitment phase and while working at ORX.
As we manage and have control of highly confidential data, the successful candidate will have to make specific commitments in this regard and will be subject to background checks.
How to apply
If you’re a good match to this exciting opportunity, please introduce yourself by emailing Mark Bunce, Senior Project Manager, via email@example.com with a copy of your CV and a cover letter. In the body of your cover letter, please confirm your salary expectations and availability and we’ll be in touch.